We went out the other night and had our friends Bryce and Paige (and their kiddos) come over to watch the boys. We have been borrowing the Jenkins scooter during the break (they went back to the States), so we drove it up to De Champs (a bar/restaurant), ate dinner, enjoyed the perfect view, and then... in true Dominican style... it down poured! :) We had to ride the scooter back in the rain, at night, going about 5 miles an hour! :) Here we are back from our date, soaking wet!
Thankfully Paige and Bryce had no problems with the boys while we were gone (they were asleep already). We have done this date night swap a few times now, and I am LOVING it. It was so nice to go out without the kids, talk and catch-up and not be preoccupied with anything. Even the ride home in the rain was fun. Thanks guys, let's keep up this date night tradition! :)
3 comments:
ha! that is so true to life huh? we are going to do the same thing with the Dettingers this semester- I'm so excited and I think everyone should find a "buddy family" to do it with :) good job!
I love your support system! And you have had a big hand in arranging it all: date night, girls' night out, play group, and trading babysitting. I also love your root beer float Fridays. Mmm. :)
Good for you guys! I wish we were better about setting up date nights. Stick with it cause it's a hard thign to make time for when you get out of the habit, but soooo worth it. Love you guys!
Post a Comment