Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 7

Day 7 (Friday)... We called Roosie (our driver for the week) and some friends and drove to #1 beach. Here is the group... Shane, Kelly, Liz P., Liz F., Emmy, Lily, Amber, Jazz, Becky, Jackie, Keira, Hawken, Me, My Mom, and Matix.

I hadn't been to #1 beach yet, so I was excited to see what all the hype was about. I REALLY liked it! Roosie parked up on the road and we had a short hike down to the beach. The river lets out into the ocean, so on days like Friday when the ocean's waves are too big to play in, we could still play in the water of the river. Perfect! :)

#1 beach is one of the beaches part of the movie Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed on. Where Jack Sparrow is running from a bunch of people... I know, I just described the whole movie. :) Fun fact though, right?

Here are all the 1 year olds that went. Keira, Shane, Lily Emmy and Matix. So fun! Jazz and Hawken were braving the wind elsewhere. :)

Roosie made a coconut boat. How cool right? Yes, our machete carrying driver can also make fun kid toys! :) I wish we kept it.

Hawken wasn't too sure about the wind. He spent most of the time with Grandma.

I love this picture. The wind blowing everyone's hair all crazy, sand all over Matix's face, Hawken barely peeking out. BUT, a GREAT shot, don't you think?! :) I love it.

Cookies on the beach, YUM... Oh no, they're all gone?!!!

We had a great day there. Then that night we ordered dinner from the Tomato Cafe. Then had girl's night. So fun. Hard to beat this day. Possibly my favorite day from my Mom's visit. :)

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

how fun! thanks again for inviting us :) I LOVE the picture with your mom and both boys- CUTE!