Since we have been on break, lots of our friends (and the boys friends) have left. Some of them just went home for a visit, but some are done with their time on the island and they are off to 5th semester in the States. We are all really missing them.
I was asked to give a talk on Sunday at church about raising children. The conclusion of it came to the fact that everyone who knows a child can be an influence on their lives. After which, I have been reflecting on how many people help us on a daily basis. You know the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child"? I really feel like that is true and I am so thankful for the "village" we have of friends here. I love how supportive we are of each other and am forever grateful for the help, encouragement, and love they give to us. :)
These are some pictures I have collected of our little support network. Friends who help, even when we don't ask. :)
Sorry I don't have pictures of everyone, but you know who you are. Thank you. :)
3 comments:
We miss you guys too! Of course, America is great, but in church on Sunday I couldn't help but think how it is just not the same and how much I love our little family in Dominica.
what a neat post- I need to do something like this-it's fun to capture all of those moments :)
You are so lucky! I hope you know how much!
Post a Comment