Tuesday, November 9, 2010

IGA

So, the date for the new IGA grocery store building to be finished is November 21st... BUT, that is just for the outside to be done... Waaaaaaaa! The inside is to finished and stocked and ready to be shopped in on December 15th. I am leaving on the 18th of December and am DYING to go grocery shopping there!

This may sound silly to those of you who don't live here, but it will be a HUGE luxury to be able to shop for the things I need at a store that is not an hour drive away. Yes, I have traveled an hour in a transport on roads littered with potholes, mostly paved, no speed limits, squished next to perfect strangers listening to Peter Tosh ad nauseam, just to get to a real grocery store... Come on December 15th! :) Hawken is sad this is as far as they have gotten. :) Here they are putting in the freezers. Hooray!

4 comments:

Agf107 said...

omg!! i cant wait for the to build it but i wish it was a mall even better but its a start te the new development i dominica ;)

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

Dec. 15th!! This makes me so excited!!

Josh and Kelly said...

No!!!!! Oh well, I was thinking to myself there was no way they could be stocked and everything by the time I leave. Guess we'll just have to settle for the states :)

Mom said...

This picture didn't show on my computer, but I know how bad you want to shop there! I remember going with you to the little available shops, the exorbitant prices, and the lack of availability of so many things we take for granted here. Can't wait to get to a Walmart, eh?