Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving on the island

So what did we do for Thanksgiving? We had an outdoor, seaside, Thanksgiving picnic!! :) We HAD to do this. It was a great turnout, and so much fun for everyone. There were plenty of kids for the boys to run around with and SO MUCH FOOD!! Here is part of the group. Can you believe we didn't even get everyone in the picture?!

There were quite a few turkeys - cooked to perfection, each with a different flavor, a HUGE tub of mashed potatoes, every vegetable we can get on the island, stuffing, and pumpkin pies forever... YUM! There was a lot of non-traditional Thanksgiving food too, like lasagna, cheese cake, baked beans, and mac-n-cheese. We loved every bit of it! There were 4 tables devoted to food!

The boys wore the "I'm stuffed!" bib, which I think is ADORABLE, although it didn't really help with the mess.

We had such a wonderful time. I am so happy we have such great friends here to share this experience with. Thanksgiving is such a family-type holiday. It was nice that although none of us could be with our extended families, we have our med school family right here. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

The Fredericks said...

yay! how fun- I LOVE the bibs- and am pretty jealous that this happened THIS year and not LAST year... ;) Matix's face in the last pic is great ps- we can't WAIT to see you soon.

Mom said...

I absolutely LOVE the last picture. Could I have it? I want to enlarge it for the frame I have in the foyer.