Thursday, June 12, 2014

mornings

Our mornings start EARLY. The second the clock ticks to 7am, we hear three sets of feet RUNNING to the stairs. Solace sleeps longer, but only if the others stay quiet(ish). I am always impressed with how much energy the kids have and how little I have. Some nights each kid only gets up once, but of course that means that I get up 4 times... On days when we can be lazy, we sure are. We stay in jammies and play crack the egg game in my bed as long as they can stand it. Here's one little Hawken egg ready to crack:

All the kids like to snuggle when they wake up, and I love that time. I get the best loves and compliments then. Right when I'm feeling my yuckiest, I am told how pretty I am, and how nice I am and how much I am loved. Children are so good at boosting morale! Lullaby gets the best morning hair award. Her curls go into overdrive if she is sweaty at all. I love it, although combing it can be tricky.
Next year our mornings will be different. Matix's school starts before we are normally all awake... Right now the kids go to sleep at 7pm, which is WAY earlier than most children we know. I can't imagine having them wake up earlier, or go to sleep earlier. They love sleep, and need it. I think this summer will be interesting as we start to move to a new earlier wake time schedule, and less total sleep... Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Mom said...

You went to bed at 7 for a long time.

Josh and Kelly said...

Oh man I hear ya, Shane's bus will come at 7:15 next year and I don't think he's been awake at that time for a couple years! I'm going to soak in the sleeping in right up until school starts though!

Stacy said...

I will wish you luck, and pray for you, and cross my fingers, and anything else that might work. I know how your kids like their sleep, well, maybe not Hawken so much. :)