Our trip to Austin (and surrounding areas) was just what we wanted, and then some. We spent time with our friends, and bonded closer as a family. Let's be real, it rained a lot of the days we were there, mostly at night. We took one shower the whole time we were gone. Solace slept crazy all night, every night. It was hot and sticky in the tent and to get everyone to sleep, I sat at the foot of the "bed" and fanned everyone with an extra blankie for hours. We got a flat tire. We picked the coldest weekend to be there... BUT, Solace did, eventually, fall asleep. I saw Matix's eyes light up when I caught him a firefly. Paul roasted me a hotdog (a very romantic gesture while camping). We went to church together. Lullaby learned to doggie paddle with her puddle jumper. We ate junk food, gourmet waffles, cookies bigger than our heads, and s'mores. Hawken conquered his fears and jumped off a (small) cliff. We woke up each morning to happy kids. We fell in love with US all over again.
AND, we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Happy 8 years to us! To celebrate, we packed up our tent and went to a fancy hotel. We stayed at the Omni and enjoyed our huge cookies, and jumped on the bed, and had a picnic dinner on the floor, and happily put Solace in a crib for the night. The next morning we went to Trace to eat their fancy waffles. They were tasty! Then we wandered around like tourists in Austin, dancing on stages and posing next to statues of Willie Nelson. It was DREAMY I tell you! Seriously, our favorite trip, ever. I have the best family.
And a video to commemorate the adventure. Enjoy. Music by Bryan. Thanks!

7 comments:
We've always loved to travel, but I think it is going to be even more fun as we watch Warren experience new things each time. Looks like a great trip and not any of the things I did in Austin.
This is a FANTASTIC video!
Love that you post the real parts and the good parts! And you inspire me to make a video sometime, I always love yours!
You are too amazing Jessie! Great video. I loved the story plot - fun, fun, fun, and the cast members were perfect for the story. Does "the man" do his own stunts or does he use a double? I think the supporting actors should get an Oscar! :)
What a fun trip. Loved seeing the pictures and video!
Your camping trip would be Norm's dreams come true and my biggest fear! You are a brave mama!
Love this! Inspirational for sure! Bryan, Evy, Luke, and I think you guys should move to Austin ;) such a fun family! Always a good time to hang out with!!
Post a Comment