Saturday, June 7, 2014

fishing in the river

We went swimming in the part of the Colorado River that meanders through Austin. The kids collected a million little clam shells.  It was a gorgeous backdrop.

Boats coming in and out, children laughing and playing, dogs barking, and a 4 foot long water moccasin snake sneaking through the water under the exposed roots of a river tree... What?! You read that right. As the kids were splashing in the waves and swimming, a stranger ran up to me and informed us about the large snake... Wow! It was thick and scary looking, and venomous, and too close for comfort near my babies. So then we went fishing. Look at this form! Paul you rock that Optimus Prime fishing pole! :)

Also, Solace is getting curls. He looks a lot like Matix and Lullaby did. I guess Hawken is the only one to inherit Paul's thin straight hair... Although Hawk does have my cowlick in the front. But Sully's beginning curls are oh so cute. I could eat him up.

3 comments:

Mom said...

That's exactly what your hair looked like. And I have baby pictures of your Dad, and that's what his curls looked like too (still do!)

Stacy said...

The river is awesome. Was the water cold? I can't believe you saw that snake, how scary! I don't know if I would have even stayed around. I love Solace's curls - too cute - they are just like Matix's. :)

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

Love those curls! You do so many fun outdoor family activities.