Finally, we had our patio poured. It was a long time coming and since the Newell's were getting theirs poured too, we tried to get a deal. The deal didn't happen, but they did a good job and we are pleased with the end results. Before, we only had this tiny 3x3 square step.
Then the form was built and grass dug up.
Then the rebar was laid down and ready for cement.
When the kids and I got home, the cement was already poured, but still very wet with bird tracks all through it. I thought they were done and were going to leave it this way... I was pretty nervous.
Luckily, they were just letting it set a bit before smoothing it. Thank goodness. It looked a lot better after they smoothed it out. Plus no birds walked through it. Yay!
I don't have a really good AFTER picture, because we put it to use right away. It's 9x24 feet (I think). Our patio furniture is only camping chairs and a water table, but we love the patio!! It is such a great area to have. It's shaded by the house all morning until about noon, then after 5 or 6 it's shaded by the tree at the back of the yard. Perfect! We have used it a lot already.
The Newell's came over to enjoy it with us one evening. The kids ran around and got soaking wet and had the best time. Then we made mini s'mores (Golden Grahams, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips) and called it a night.
We have also decorated it completely, several times over. How did we live here for a year withOUT this?!




4 comments:
How exciting! It looks great.
That will cut down on dirt tracking in, too! Looks great!
Looks great! And I love that mini smores idea!!
Looks great
Post a Comment