A few weeks ago we got our new couch, and I love it. Well, we all love it, but I think I appreciate it the most. :) The delivery day was super exciting. The kids got to stay up after lunch time rather than take a nap right away because they were going to deliver between 11 and 3... Perfect timing, right? Yeah right. Thankfully they called right at 11 and said they were on their way. The guys who unloaded it and set it all up were FAST. Watching and waiting for the first piece of the sectional to come...
The kids sat up on the futon while the rest of the pieces were brought in and set up. For some reason it was completely fascinating watching them work.
The way our living room is set up has two windows on the front and side walls close together, then there is a large space on the long wall behind the couch with no window... That made it hard for me to figure out where to place the couch since there is room for Kina's bed on one side or the other...
Anyway, I decided on where I liked it after a few days, and now I love it. Kina likes her bed still in the living room, and I like that it's tucked away out of sight. Now I just need to get a taller and skinnier TV table so the kids won't break the only TV we have, hang up some pictures once we can afford some nails (sounds pathetic, but we literally have no money until Paul gets his first check...), paint the walls where the futon scratched it, hang some curtains, and then I will call the living room done! Hooray! And, the new couch is SUPER comfortable and big enough for us all to fit on it at the same time!
Oh, and I guess it's not really "out with the old" as I suggested in the post title, because we kept the futon and put it up in the playroom. I actually really love it up there. It's right next to the book shelf and although it makes the room a lot more cramped, it's better to sit on something other than the floor or a kiddie chair. :)


5 comments:
I'm glad everything fit. I love the throw pillows.
It's beautiful!
It looks so nice and plenty of room.
:) I love your couch too
Is Sakina's bed behind the left side that angles out? That's perfect.
Post a Comment