Friday, July 26, 2013

potty time!

Our youngest (for a few more weeks) has been potty training herself. She has been interested in it for a long time, but not very consistent in actually going ON the potty. And frankly, with a new baby coming soon, I just don't have the energy to reinforce it that much...
Well, that was until this week when she started pooping only in the toilet, not in her diapers. Maybe it's easier for her to recognize that feeling? I don't know, but it's been nice not to have to wipe a poopy diaper bum.  She loves all the attention she gets when she goes potty. The boys sing and dance and praise her for doing a great job. Paul and I do too, of course, but she loves it when her brothers do the most. :)  I don't know how crazy I will get with the potty training right at this moment, but I know as soon as I get on board, she is already there. Considering she won't be two until a month or so after the new baby gets here, I'm in no rush.  Good job Lulli! We are SO proud of you!!

4 comments:

Mom said...

You should jump on this chance! Remember when we trained Matix?

Grandma said...

She is really growing up and so cute and happy. I am glad she is making your life easier.
Love and miss all of you.
Thanks so much for the blog.

Stacy said...

Your babes have been so easy to do the potty thing - really, I could tell you some really crazy stories.
And who wouldn't want to do it with two cute cheerleaders!

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Way to go Lulli!! I've heard girls are way easier to train than boys are!