Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Schlitterbahn water park!

Thursday night, my mom, grandma Evie, Jolie, Alex, Bradley and Alexandra flew into town. We did our annual water park trip in Galveston at the Schlitterbahn park on Friday, ALL day. The drive was a little shy of an hour and the park was SO fun. I highly recommend it. There are things there for everyone.  I stayed in the little kid areas with my guys most of the time, although the boys ventured out with auntie Jolie and my mom a few times on the bigger slides.  There are indoor and outdoor areas, slides, pools, pirate ships, you name it.

The (not so lazy) lazy river. My mom had Matix and Hawken (Hawk insisted on sitting on my mom's tummy instead of in the inner tube).  Jolie had Alexandra and Lulli.  Alex had Bradley (who eventually ended up on top of Jolie and Alex lost his tube altogether... Like I said, it wasn't very lazy. There was a huge wave that would come through every few minutes and flip the inner tubes around. Pretty crazy.

Grandma Evie was already out in the river and came back in while the big group was gone. So she and I got to chat and sit with our huge pile of things while we waited for them.

Lullaby was really brave this year and tried out lots of slides I thought she would be too nervous for. Here are some fun slide sequences of my kids.

Matix learned how to float on his back with a life vest this year. He thought this was the coolest trick ever.

Hawken found tons of money, of course. He does this everywhere we go. A talent that runs on both sides of the family... Jolie (my sister) and Dale (Paul's brother) were both known for their ridiculous money finding abilities.

I made a quick video of the clips I had and the clips my mom got. I also used a few of her pictures for the post too. Here is the video:


More pictures from the day. Bradley spent most of the day underwater, he is a fish!  Alexandra, Matix and Hawken spent most of the day tricking the lifeguard and sneaking down the slide together.  Lulli did a lot of leaping into the pool whether someone was ready to catch her or not. We had a blast and can hardly wait to do it again next year! Miss you guys already!

Waiting to be picked up at the end of our fun, exhausting, long, and perfect day!
Bradley and Alexandra both got really sunburned and were too sore the next day to go again, so we just had a relaxing play day at our house. Pictures from Saturday to come.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Wow, what a fun place. Lulli is really becoming a big girl. It is time for the baby. The boys look so happy and enjoying all the new activities

Mom said...

I love the stills of the kids making their faces just as they crash into the water at the bottom of the slides! It was a wonderful day, and the rest of the trip was nice too. Thanks so much for your hospitality!

Stacy said...

How fun! I'm so glad Lulli loves the water as much as the boys.