Tonight, after we read books and said prayers and sang songs and gave kisses and the kids were finally convinced it was time for sleep, I walked out of Lullaby's room only to be startled by a man running up the stairs. I actually screamed I was so surprised. Thankfully it was Paul and not the zombie/monster/robber that I apparently thought he was at first. :) Paul got off work and home just in time to give the kids an extra hug and kiss goodnight, which I am sure will make their week. Later, I was going through some of the cute pictures I had taken in the last few days (that are not yet on the blog) and Paul and I both got a chuckle out of these. Matix had come into my room as I sat at the computer trying to remember my login for one of the online bills that was due.
He said, ever so slowly, "Moooooommmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy"
I answered, without looking over, "Yeeeeesssssssss..."
He replied, "Looooooook at meeeeeeee"
So I did, and laughed out loud. This is what I looked up to.
Even when I was super frustrated about the forgotten login information, and worried about the bigger amount due on the bill than I had anticipated, and even discouraged that I had been interrupted for the 12th time in the 10 minutes I was not fully entertaining the kids, I laughed. Sweet Matix, if only you knew how much you made my day.
Oh how we love these kids. I hope they realize that although Paul and I have lives and interests and important intellectual things to say, most of our conversation surrounds them. The kids. Those sweet, wild, clever, silly, beautiful babies of ours. They are so wonderful.
2 comments:
this post is great-- and a good reminder-I have those moments daily-- but you always do such a great job of explaining it ;)
That wonderful feeling never goes away. And neither does the focus. Yes, we have our own interests and busy-ness, too. But much of our conversation surrounds you, the kids, your accomplishments, and your struggles. And through you, I remember the same life-stages you are going through. The memories are so vivid. We are so proud of you. You FILL MY LIFE TO THE BRIM!!! I love you all.
Post a Comment