Friday, August 16, 2013

waiting on baby - 40 weeks belly pic

On Monday my mom arrived, in anticipation of a new baby... She came bearing gifts, as has become the tradition.  The boys were BEYOND excited to get their first two official Rescue Bots! They have played with them nonstop since then. Serious. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee watch us from the counter while we eat, they stand in the hall during baths, they sleep next to the boys at naps and bedtime. They are in love. Thank you Grandma!

Lullaby got a new baby doll. She also got a little juice cup and spoon and fork to feed her baby. She is in heaven. Lullaby drags her baby everywhere, tucks her in at night, the whole 9 yards.  I think we might have to give her baby a name. It is very special. Thanks Grandma!

Since my mom has been here we have been doing tons of little projects around the house. Organizing things, mostly the playroom, and cleaning and having a nice time with each other. It's nice to have another adult around for conversation, plus all the extra help at bedtime and meals.  We thought for sure this baby would be here by now, 40 WEEKS, my due date... But alas, no baby. I even called the triage at a couple hospitals here to see if they would induce before 41 weeks, but they won't. Here are my 40 week pictures. What on earth?!

Finally, I resorted to castor oil. I have never tried it before, but after a lot of reading about it and calling a few friends, I decided to try it. I drank 2 tablespoons mixed with orange juice.
It's been an hour and I feel no difference. I was already dilated to a 3, but there are NO contractions... No vomiting or diarrhea yet either (which are apparently what happens with castor oil) So we shall see, but I am REALLY hoping for a baby in the morning. For now, I'm off to watch a movie with Paul and my mom. Please please think contracting thoughts for me! :)

6 comments:

Mindy said...

So happy for the boys and their new Rescue Bots!! You seriously look like a tiny person who shoved a basketball in her shirt. Good luck with baby. I've been thinking of you and wondering when she/he will come.

Michigan Roys said...

I know how you feel. Out of all my kids, only one came early. The latest I have gone is 8 days and then they induced. I have never tried castor oil - yuck! Good luck to you. I'm sure the baby will come when it is time for the baby to come! Excited to see pictures soon!

Mom said...

One way or another, you will get a baby out of this deal, no question about it! In his prayer tonight, Matix asked for patience. I guess we all need that!

Stacy said...

I can't believe you took castor oil. Yuk! I guess this baby is too attached to mommy to let go. We'll hope for a quick and easy delivery.

Mom said...

It worked!! They left for the hospital at about 3AM!

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Yay for the update! Can't wait to see pictures! So excited for you guys.