Is it really already July? I have a baby due NEXT MONTH?! Wow. Well so far, Houston is exceeding our expectations, but to be honest, we had low expectations. :) Who knew there would be so many amazing friends waiting to meet us here? Or that Paul would really enjoy working at UT Houston? Or that our house would fit us just perfectly? The weather could use a little cooling down, but after seeing what our Arizona friends and family are dealing with right now, I'll only complain a little, because really, if I weren't pregnant, this summer wouldn't be that bad. We are finding lots of fun things to do with the kids, even things we thought would be boring errands have turned into adventures. I heard about a re-cycle, up-cycle, swap meet event where you could drop off unwanted things, and take others things that you do want. Fair trade.
They had huge recycle bins, for non-reusable stuff, and as we got there, they were setting up a stage to have a band perform during the swap. So fun. We brought a few boxes of things we discovered that we no longer needed/wanted, and left with a couple toys for the kids (of course they had to get something for themselves), and a wooden stool that needs refinishing (some future project) and some drink bins for parties (I had been eyeing some up at Target a while back, but couldn't rationalize buying them)... but for free, I'll take them! Hooray for Houston being eco-friendly and having events like this one. Everyone was so friendly and having fun trading things. I loved seeing people find use in the things we brought too. Ooohing and ahhhing over little trinkets that we used to love. On the way out, the boys posed with their favorite tag. Each garage door was tagged differently, and they were all very well done.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun place! I'm glad you are enjoying Houston. Maybe you can convince Dale it's not such a bad place after all. :)
You always find such cool things about your new city...things most people wouldn't find out about for a couple of years! Good for you!
Post a Comment