Sunday, June 30, 2013

fancy dinner party

Last night, Dale and Vanessa and their kids came to watch our kids while Paul and I went to a fancy party at his work. The kids apparently had a blast, because our once clean house was trashed upstairs and the kids slept in later than usual this morning. Thanks guys!  Paul and I had fun too, once we got over the initial shock of how underdressed we were. Paul wore a nice shirt and jeans, and I wore a summer dress and heels.  When we arrived, every single man was wearing a suit, tie and jacket.  The women were in ball gowns, pearls, and other fancy things... Really, we were way off.  The few people you can see in the background wearing only white shirts had their jackets on the back of the chair...
They read a little bio of the incoming residents (Paul) and had them stand on stage to welcome them. It was very nice. They also gave out some awards to the outstanding faculty members for this past year, and also had a little goodbye for all of the 3rd year residents who will be going on to other places for their new jobs. It was fun to hear all the different places they were all going to. Only one was staying in Houston, the rest were going elsewhere.  The dinner was wonderful and we got to know quite a few people (colleagues if Paul's and their spouses).  It was so nice to be able to put some faces with names and a few of the wives and I hit it off and exchanged numbers. I am excited to get to know them better.

In other exciting news, Paul got his loooooong white coat! Name embroidered on it and everything. I love his 70's collar poking out over it. Very Paul and oh so handsome.
Hooray hooray for new and exciting times. Next year though, I will be buying a new dress. One I currently can't afford. :)

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Way to go , we are so very proud of you Paul. Like the coat! Both of you looked good.

Mom said...

Exciting to meet other people just starting out too!

Josh and Kelly said...

I guess we are both going to need to get a little more fancy pants now that we are doctors wives huh? Weird!

Stacy said...

Jessie, thanks for sharing these neat experiences. I still am trying to get around the idea that my son is a real doctor. I'm so impressed with both the boys and their accomplishments - WOW!