Thursday, August 10, 2017

Last full day!

Paul's last day of work was the day before our morning flight! Last day working for Waianae Coast. He liked it there, and everyone loved him. He made lifelong friends, and I am happy it was his first post medical school work experience. 

While he was gone, I had to get the HUGE U-haul truck, and drive it by myself. My friend Ashley drove with me there and drove the kids back home (Hawken and Lullaby lost it and went crazy in the car - they started feeling stressed about the move the day before, poor things). Thanks Ashley for your help and tremendous amount of patience with my kids.  This is my reaction to driving this HUGE truck.

I had to pick Paul up from work because so many people, patients and staff, brought him gifts. Kawi, Paul's amazing MA, will be sorely missed. She has family in Kauai, so he's already working on her to move! :)

After Paul got home, he and I and our neighbor Jeff, loaded the truck. Thanks Jeff!  It didn't take very long because everything was set to go, with the exception of the mattresses and suitcases which we loaded in the morning.

The kids were no help at all, and at some point, James asked the big boys to go to the pool with Hayden and JP and some other neighborhood kids for one last hurrah.

Emptying the refrigerator and freezer was the last thing to do. We brought it straight from ours to the Reaves. I enlisted the help of all the neighborhood kids, who happily helped. Then I kicked myself for not asking them to help earlier. 

Saying goodbye to the BEST neighbors ever was really hard. We spent LOTS of nights up late talking and chatting and just watching TV. They are such good people. We miss them already.

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a DAY!!