Since our sweet Kina died in February, we've really been missing her. We miss having a dog. When a stranger came up to us at Costco and asked us to take care of her pup, Taco, while she ran in to grab something, of course we were happy to do it. This sweet pup was covered in kids, and hugs and kisses.
We volunteered to snuggle the dogs at the Humane Society too, which was harder than we imagined. Matix cried because he was so happy to take care of them, and because we couldn't take one home with us. Poor thing.
They do have a great program there though that lets you take a dog out on a field trip for the day. They provide towels for your car, a water and food bowl, food, and treats. The dog we were chosen to take out was called Pika. Such a sweet pup, and so happy to play around with us. We had Pika all day, took him out for lots of walks, fed him his treats and gave him lots of cuddles. It was a little sad bringing him back, but he will make some family very happy some day. We can hardly wait to take out another dog on a field trip again.
Some day, we may even get a new dog. I worry that I won't love the new dog as much as I loved Sakina. She was the best dog ever. But you never know.






1 comment:
I sure don't love Chewy as much as I loved Taffy! That's hard to realize. And good to think about.
Post a Comment