Saturday, September 1, 2018

cookies

Usually, sugar cookies with royal icing are what I like to do, but I wanted to try out macarons, in the humidity. I wasn't sure what they would do, since this was while it was raining, but they turned out fine. Homemade white chocolate raspberry cream on the inside,, yes please.

The kids thought it was weird to put fruit into a cookie, until they tasted them. They LOVED them.
Then I tried out a buttercream succulent cookie, using the leftover sugar cookies I had from a football cookie order I made for a friend of Paul's. The kids learned how to pipe a few different ones after I had finished the cookies. They are always happy to participate if it means they get to eat extra frosting.

I think they turned out pretty cute, and those little rocks are chocolate rocks. Yum!  Then we ate them after dinner.

1 comment:

Mom said...

So creative!