Thursday, June 25, 2020

Volcanoes National Park

We went to visit Volcanoes National Park and walk through the  old lava tubes. It was a really cloudy and rainy day, but we had a great time exploring. 

The lit up the inside of the tunnel and made it really spooky!

The paths got muddier as we hiked back to the car. Solace lost his slipper in a deep spot. 

Then we spotted a crack in the earth near the path, and the kids and Paul decided to adventure IN. I stayed out, in case I needed to get rescuers. I could hear their voices really far away and after a while, I was looking a little crazy walking near the path and in the forest calling to them, and waiting for am answer.  

Then I found another hole in the earth and saw my family about 20 feet down. They climbed out using the tree roots for help. Can you see Matix's little face looking up at me? 

These 5 got a little muddy. But it was worth it, and they all survived. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

That crack was too scary!