Here is my lucky number thing. I don't know why this happens, but it is multiple times every day, it's so wild. Jolie and I were talking about it, so I decided to screenshot or take a picture one day to see how many different places I would find it. Then three times, I got 1138. First as a text from a friend, I received it at 11:38, then the kids asked me to help them on a game, and the score was 11380, then that afternoon I clicked on a news report to read it, and the last time it was updated was 11:38. Weird right?
This is a video of a few funny clips of my dad. I didn't know where else to put it, but I want to save these on YouTube. So funny.
New hairstyle for the princess baby.
This is the "before picture of the bench. and here are some more in process pictures.
It was very relaxing for me to have a creative outlet to do while Paul was at work and the kids were in school. It helped me to have quiet time alone to process through some of my feelings.
Solace working on his throat exercises. Monkey see monkey do.
I love it when they get along. They sometimes don't even like to be in the same room.
Hawken working in his classroom with his friends on his sale items.
Swishy got a new bed and loved it.
Hawken, Solace and Paul battled it out a million times with this new Risk game.
Brady got his mission call to Utah! We joked about it before, but that's where he was sent. We got to be on the zoom call when he opened the letter.
Hawken and I went to Costco, on our way home from running other errands. It wasn't our usual location, but it was on the way. After getting completely lost INSIDE the store, we commented how extra big it felt to the cashier. She told us, we were in the largest Costco in the world! We had no idea. But I believe it, it was HUGE.
We drove to southern Utah to go to see Capitol Reef National Park. It was a pretty quick drive and so beautiful. My dad had just sent me a newspaper clipping about it, plus Paul had already found it, and so we really wanted to check it out. There are so many beautiful rock formations, and caves, and interesting fossil markings. We loved it.
We went on a short hike to see some wall carvings and petroglyphs. So cool.
The kids found some empty insect sacs that they directed with Paul's help.
More hiking. There was a lot to see. It was so cool!
We always make time to dig in the sand when we can find it. They will always be beach babies.
This is the old schoolhouse there, one room for all the grades. Such a nice trip.
Then back in the car to drive to another trailhead. The kids loved being able to stand through the sunroof while driving slowly in the park.
We saw some bones along the way and had to investigate closer!
These little wall caves along the hike were the highlight for the kids. They always pick their houses, and rooms, and where they would live. So fun.
Some of the trails were easy, some were more challenging, like this little section.
We were rewarded with a sand pit to play in.
The rocks there were all so different looking. We had a blast just looking around.
Lots of rock climbing and rock jumping. Busy busy busy.
Then on to another spot. This was the hardest and longest hike, but was totally worth what we got to see at the end.
And this is what we got to see! A giant arch! It was hundreds of feet from the bottom to top. I was glad that Paul was as freaked out as I was. We sat across from it on a sloped surface, pointing us toward the cliff. We made all the kids sit down, except when we held their hands and walked with them.
If you look closely, you can see Matix, Lullaby and Paul out there on the arch. It was terrifying!
After about 10 minutes of marveling, we kept going to this little ravine where the kids could safely play and climb trees and not fall off any cliffs. Paul and I couldn't sit over there any more watching other people not be careful with their kids. Paul was extra worried that if someone did get injured that he'd have to help. Thankfully no one did, and everyone was safe.
Then we hiked the long hike back to the car.
After about an hour, we got to a cliff where we could see our car. That little speck that Solace is pointing to... Still had a long way to go!
We made it! This was the end of the trip, and we had so much fun.
Snow Baby was extra cuddly when we got back. I think she missed us, or at least Hawken.
Hawken went with me to the bins and was so excited to hunt with me. He's usually my shopping partner. He has a good sense of money, and finance, and good deals!
Date day with this guy. When he took off his hat I giggled at all the static.
The kitties never leave me alone when I'm feeling sad. I love that about them. I cold do without the litter boxes, and the smell of cat pee, but I'll take all the cuddles.
1 comment:
Mom
said...
Your bench is wonderful! And as you said, it was a needed alone-time for you to think, create, and grieve. That park is AWESOME! I hope to see it some time. The first video was the same as the second one. Wrong link? I was so looking forward to seeing the clips of your wonderful Dad. Love you!
1 comment:
Your bench is wonderful! And as you said, it was a needed alone-time for you to think, create, and grieve. That park is AWESOME! I hope to see it some time. The first video was the same as the second one. Wrong link? I was so looking forward to seeing the clips of your wonderful Dad. Love you!
Post a Comment