Starting in May of 2021, we started going to church in person again! The whole ward, every week. We had been living here for almost a whole year without meeting most of the people in our neighborhood or church. It was a fun day!
We were invited to a peep eating party. The kids loved it. We ate junk and talked and got to know more people from our neighborhood.
After living with benches in the backyard without cushions, I decided it was time to get some. I got them all from IKEA and the kids helped arrange them all on the benches. Now we use them all the time. So nice.
Lullaby wanted her hair in "three loose buns, tied in a knot, in a row", and this is what she got.
I saw this little story idea and thought it was so clever, so now I can't get it out of my mind... Maybe this is how things work:
Amy and I went out to eat and we both wore these red and black coats. We decided we looked like two lumberjacks out on a date. Ha ha ha.
My mom sent me some old pics and it was so fun to reminisce! The way my hair was braided over the top of my head was my favorite hairstyle. I thought I looked SO cute. Also, you can see how much Matix and I look alike.
This is from my mom and Louie's wedding. She made the dress and I loved it. Christian apparently didn't want his picture taken.
This was before prom. I LOVED that dress. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen, that is, until I got my wedding dress, which I loved even more.
Spring in the backyard here is so pretty. This tree blooms white flowers, then they drop and the leaves turn purple. So strange.
Perfect place to cuddle a kitty, in the shade of the flowering tree.
Paul and I went on a date to a pottery studio. We took a class and learned how to throw (again, it's been a loooong time for me, so the class was much appreciated), then it was our turns to try it out. Paul made a bowl with a tiny bowl inside, and I made two small bowls. It was a really fun date.
The kids tried to sleep out on the trampoline. They made it all night, except Solace, who came inside and slept on the couch. Afterward every single pillow, blanket, and stuffed animal had to be brought back in, some needed to be cleaned. Quite the project, but the kids love it.
Weeding and yard work isn't anyone's favorite thing to do, but it has to be done. And sometimes the pets "help" us too.
Popsicles and ice creams in the yard, so fun.
For Mother's Day we sent my mom and my grandma an edible arrangement, and we tried to send one to Stacy (but the Arizona distributor cancelled the order, sorry Stacy!). My Grandma lived with my mom and Louie and had to be cared for by them all day, every day. My grandma taught me to be fun, and positive, and make the best of situations. My mom taught me to be adventurous, and travel, and try new things. I love you both.
Mother's Day for me had gifts and breakfast in bed and lots of snuggles and love notes. I love these 4 kids so much. They are so awesome to watch grow. I'm grateful to be their mom. They have taught me to be patient and giving and silly. They are such bright lights, I hope I always encourage them to continue to be their best selves.
We went over to see Great Grandma Berg and Barry and Steph and their kids were there too. So fun.
I'm so glad these kids have Great Grandma Berg here in Utah. She is just what you think of when you think of a Grandma. She's sweet, always has cookies in the cookie jar, she plays games, makes jokes, and is always kind. We love you Grandma Berg!
These are the new shoes I was given. Thanks! I love them!
Matix finished his "dragon eggs" for a school project and had to carry them, 20 at a time, down to school each day for a week. They were very heavy.
Great Grandma Berg goes to a group called "Daughters of the Utah Pioneers", or DUP for short. Sometimes she invites me and we go together. It's the cutest thing ever, and so fun. We chat, and eat, and tell stories from our ancestors. I don't have and Utah pioneer heritage, but I love to hear the stories anyway. I'm the youngest person there by 40 years or more, but I love it.
Paul and I got to meet up with some friends that we knew in Dominica, the Jevnes! We went to a restaurant in Provo called Communal, and we ate some of the strangest things I've ever seen. Everything tasted pretty good, but my goodness, some of it was not even recognizable as food! It was really nice to be able to catch back up with them after so much time and so many life changes. Jay is a nurse now, and they live in Wisconsin of all places! They have three more kids than they did on the island too.
My next project was to make a wall hanging thing above my bed. These are the colors I picked, and this is what it turned out like. In my head it was a lot easier, but it turned out great, I think.
Lullaby helped me untangle all the strings once it was hung. I love it.
Paul and I got to go see the tail end of Matix's school selling day. All the money they raised went to help pay school fees for kids in other countries struggling to go to school. He did a great job and sold everything he brought. He and his team did really well.
Lullaby and I went to the ballet and had a great time. She's a fun ballet date. We picked our favorite dancer in each number, and tried to clap the loudest after the bows. We also coordinated wearing our pearls, so fancy.
Out to eat with the Hunts and realized that Amy and I were both wearing leopard print things, her shirt, and my pants. Ha ha ha.
Lullaby is a part of the "Activity Days" girls group and she loves going and making crafts with her friends. They made these adorable heart string projects this time.
On large trash removal day, the kids walked around Great Grandma Bergs neighborhood looking for treasures.
Making dinner with Grandma. It was a feast, as usual.
Then we used her giant trees in the backyard to practice using our rappelling gear. So fuN!
This was also the day Matix was officially taller than Great Grandma Berg!
Matix learned this hilarious trick and now we can't get enough of it. It's so funny.
Paul and I went to donate blood for a date. It was actually kind of fun. Plus then we got our antibody test results, and Paul and I both tested positive for Covid antibodies. We thought we had been sick, but the tests all came back clear. But this proves it. We have antibodies.
Hannah asked me to teach her young women's group who to decorate cookies. I taught them two different techniques for flowers, and they all had fun. First we had to mix up all the icing. So fun.
Sweet sleepy pets. I love when they're all in the same place at the same time.
Hawken and his school group on a project they did about New York. They worked really hard and were rewarded by having the parents do a walkthrough of the classroom, where they got to tell about their state. Good job Hawk!
Lullaby and her friend Macey loving the warm weather, eating ice cream after school.
Snuggles from this kitty who needs to be touching a person to be happy.
Impromptu tea party for the kids, plus Macey.
Snuggles with Whiskey. Sweet thing.
The last few days of school were themed, and one of the days was a carnival. I signed up to help with the bounce house. That was fun, because I got to see Matix and Hawken. Lullaby and Solace both had already been to the bounce house by the time I was there, so I missed them. But it was really fun to see Matix and Hawk's class come through.
More snuggles with Whiskey.
We took the kids to Lagoon to use our season passes! It was so much fun. We also had fun in the gift shop, can you tell?
We got to celebrate the kids friend Jax on his birthday too!
Double date night with the Smyths, it's always a blast. We ordered way too much food and had a great time.
Great Grandma Berg invited us to go to see Grandpa's gravesite and swap out his flowers for new ones. It's such a great spot, and lovely company too. Danny, Caleb and Ryan came too.
Lullaby wanted a double dutch braid that crossed in the back in an X. Cute!
Matix and Hawken got to see Oakley via FaceTime for an online playdate. I love that they can keep in touch with friends from all our past moves.
The kids watched how to videos and learned how to fold far flying paper airplanes. Then they went out and tried them out. Of course, everything flew farther when I wasn't recording, but I got a few good runs on film.
Old Western Day at school, Solace wanted a mustache to be a cowboy. He drew it himself.
Next project. I painted the door up to be a brighter, happier door than before. It started plain black, and I turned it into a sunshine. I love how it turned out.
New hair. Half hidden braid again for this girl.
Matix graduated from 6th grade, which is the highest elementary grade. We're so proud of this sweet, sensitive, loving, fearless, wild child of ours. We love you Matix man!
Matix brought his teacher, Mr. Brady, some leis too. Mr. Brady has been so great to Matix, and we're grateful for all his efforts.
My purple faded to a cool blue, but I was ready for a change. Here comes a purpley pink!
Last day of school for these cute friends!
Heidi and I took the kids to eat doughnuts to celebrate school being over! Yay! So fun!
Snow Baby all cuddled up in a blanket. I love it. She is the sleepiest kitten, ever.
We went to see A Quiet Place 2 with the Hunts and it was so jump scary! We had lots of fun.
1 comment:
Mom
said...
I loved all the pictures in this video, but especially your Mother's Day comments (of course! Haha!) You are such a wonderful mother to your babies. <3 And that video with the flapping lips! Hilarious!
1 comment:
I loved all the pictures in this video, but especially your Mother's Day comments (of course! Haha!) You are such a wonderful mother to your babies. <3 And that video with the flapping lips! Hilarious!
Post a Comment