Tuesday, September 20, 2022

The rest of February 2022

Lullaby and her church friends get together a couple times a month for an activity. She's really loved this activity making Valentine crafts. 


Playing marble tracks with Sully boy, Swishy standing guard. 


I was asked to help blow up balloons for a Valentine's themed dinner for the adults in our church ward, but we would be gone for the actual event. All that work and I didn't get to see it finished, oh well. 


Grandma Kim and Grandpa Louie sent cards for Valentine's Day and I got some gifts for Paul and the kids to wake up to. It's so fun to see their surprise at what kind of gifts will be for them that year. I found some wax lips, and little banks with animals that popped out to scoop in the money. So silly. 


Paul got gifts too and the kids thought his card was especially funny, since I said he has a cute butt. Ha ha ha. 


Paul and the kids got me some new shoes which look absolutely impossible to walk in, but you can! So fun!


Paul and I had a day date to a bakery and then window shopping. It's so nice to spend time with just him. 


I got everyone individual little heart cakes for after dinner and we called it good. I love celebrating with them.


All the bands we went to see at Cali Vibes started posting pictures from the event and Paul and I saw ourselves in lots of their posts, so I screen shotted them to remember. It was such a fun trip.


Solace was working on this loose tooth for a while, and he tried and tried, but eventually, Lullaby came to the rescue, despite her own disbelief, and was able to pull it out. 


Hawken and Sully made a new way to play Cathedral and loved it enough they wanted pictures. 


Our homeschool friends meet in the library in the colder months for board games, and these are pictures from a couple of times there. 


Paul and I went to see a show in Salt Lake City and one of the bands brought their dog along. It was so weird to see him walking around on stage with the band playing music. 


We ended up in lots of Pacific Dubs pictures, so I took a screen shot to remember. Pacific Dub was the headliner, but I think Sensi Trails were better, even as an opener. 


Hawken's church group doing an activity, even in the snow. They played Fugitive where they had a start point at the top of the neighborhood near our house, and then ran down to the church, trying not to get caught. The premise of the game isn't my favorite, but the game itself is really fun. 


Neighborhood friends coming to play games. 


We got a new board game called 7 Wonders and although it had a lot of initial rules and things to understand, it ended up being a really fun game. 


Mike Love "liked" my comment and I about passed out. I don't fangirl over very many people, but I really love Mike Love, his music, and what he stands for. I'm sure he has a whole team of people who do his social media for him, but maybe not. Maybe it was really him. Eek! 


It snowed in the mountains and we headed up to ski and snowboard, along with the rest of everyone in the valley below. There were a million people in line and so we turned around after waiting and not moving for an hour. 


We came home to find that it had snowed down in the valley too, so we went sledding instead. We love our neighborhood park for that. 


Planning a little staycation with our friends, the Harmers, in Bear Lake, and this is what my phone looked like when I looked at it the first time that morning. Good grief. Paul and Jace cannot control their excitement.  53 messages.


We started with dinner, so the parents could plan a little and the kids could catch up. 


Jace and Lindsey are both so musically talented. It's so fun to hang out with them.


We buy the food and Jace cooks for us all. It's a feast for every meal. 


Paul brought his uke, we played games, and went exploring, and had a great time. The hot tub, although it was a little walk to get to, was the favorite activity. 


One night, the Harmers (minus Birdie) and Paul and Matix, went night skiing. They had a great time and the other kids and I stayed home with Birdie. 


More hot tub fun for everyone, and games, and naps, and lots of activities, and treats, and food.


Every night Jace made the adults a platter of snacks to eat while we watched a movie or talked. 


More music in the morning, then to get raspberry shakes at a gas station in Bear Lake that is famous for them. It was such a fun little vacation for all of us. 


Solace and Hawken worked really hard on this puzzle, and they finally finished it! 


Sunday dinner with Great Grandma Berg and this time Ryan and Megan and their family came too. Baby Cora is in love with sing and dancing with Lullaby and her sister Lex. 


We were invited for dinner with some neighborhood friends. They were so sweet and we all had a great time. 


Lullaby and I went for a mommy daughter date... roller-skating! It had been a VERY long time since I had been on roller skates, but we both had lots of fun. Lullaby used her scooter some of the time, and loved singing to the songs as we rolled around. After a while, we saw some friends there and joined in with them. I love my girl so much!


Our friends from California were in Utah visiting family, so we got to join them for a bit sledding. We went with them two days in a row. Day one was mostly the kids getting reacquainted with them, and playing mostly on their own, and day two was everyone together, besties. Paul and the other dads grew up together in Arizona.


Matix and I face planted after a way bigger jump than either of us had anticipated.


Dinner at Olive Garden, mostly for the never-ending breadsticks and chocolate mints. Yes please. 


Paul dusted Westin (a CHILD) with snow when he went down without a shirt on a dare, so then Paul went down shirtless and let Westin get him back. Good thing they were both good sports about it. 


Then out for dinner with Matt and Christi and Aaron and his wife (forgot her name).


Even after a week with us in Bear Lake, the Harmers still want to be our friends, and went to see The Lost City with us and several other couples. Then out for ice cream after. I love double (and more) dates. Jace and Lindsey couldn't stay for ice cream.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wowee! So many things to comment on. Such fun activities!