Sunday, October 9, 2022

April 2022

After Grandma Kim left, we headed up to swim with the Harmer's at their hotel pool in Park City. These kids have way too much fun together. The silliest bit was when they figured out they could get the life vests on upside down, and wear it like a diaper.

Then up to their room and the kids watched a movie, while the parents chatted. The drive down the mountain was beautiful and several trees still had their Christmas lights still on.

Great Grandma Berg had an Easter party and lots of the cuzzies came. It's always fun. The kids ran around and found all their little eggs (from the parents) and one big egg (from Great Grandma), then they got to hide all the parent eggs (from Great Grandma). 

It started getting nice enough at night that the kids slept out on the trampoline again. They love doing this, wild things. 

We love to "heart attack" each others doors, and after a sad thinking about her Grandpa Chuck, Lullaby wrote down lots of things she loves about him, and it made her feel better. Then she stuck the note to the back of my door so it could cheer me up too, in case I got sad. 

I use my Grandma Evie's fancy china sometimes, just because, and I love it. It makes us all think of her, and reminisce. 

We sold our pop-up camper after not having used it for an entire year... We bought it thinking we'd use it tons, but it was really just a big frustration for us. We aren't the towing and set up kind of folks. Tent camping, or motorhomes for me all day, over this. 

It snowed in April! Not just in the mountains, as happens often, but down in the valley too!

Out to a fancy breakfast with Heidi and Charmaine.  Evely got to come too, and she is my littlest best friend.

Dutch braid with a twist. She liked the idea of using a scarf in with her hair and it turned out so fun. 


I went with Della to her DUP meeting and got fresh made rolls and jam. I love hanging out with her at her meetings. So many interesting stories and histories shared, and delicious food. 

Matix's friend was sick and hospitalized for a couple days and so he made him a gift basket with some of the other boys in the neighborhood. It's full of fruits and veggies (and a little candy too) to make him healthy again. It was graciously received. 

Before her hair dye, and I don't know what happened to the real after, but I have one from the next day with her friends at a neighborhood egg hunt party. Also, Lullaby broke her arm, but only needed to wear a brace, and you can see it in some of her pics at the neighborhood party. 

Our neighborhood did a breakfast and an egg hunt for anyone who wanted to participate. There were 2 golden eggs too, which none of our family found, but it was a fun day.

On Easter Sunday, Della let it slip that she was speaking in church. She tried to change the subject so we'd forget, but we didn't. So we got to go and surprise her.  She's such a good public speaker, but she is also humble and would never brag. After her church was over she followed us over to our house, and we did a basket hunt, Easter dinner, and then an egg hunt, before she headed home. 

We are getting good at hiding the baskets!

Hawken got Paul a big container of Starburst jelly beans and hid it for him to find too, he's such a thoughtful boy. 

Going through all the Easter goodies. 

Matix and I set out some fancy chocolates to snack on while I was cooking dinner.  It looked so good with Grandma Evie's things! I love it!

We recycled all the candy they got from the neighborhood hunt for another yard hunt they wanted to do after dinner. Great Grandma Berg helped Paul fill up all the eggs.

Paul, Great Grandma Berg and I set up on the couches near the fire pit, and watched the kids run around. It was a really happy day. 

Time for Grandma to go home. She doesn't like to drive in the dark. We were so glad she came to celebrate with us. 

Matix tried out this big jump and landed it! It was a really rickety looking jump, but strong enough to hold him and his bike. 

The Harmers took us out on a double date to Snuck Farms for a cooking class and then we got to eat what the chef made. It was so much fun, and really good food. 

Sully finally got that top front tooth to be wiggly enough to pull. He asked Matix to help him this time. Matix is usually the resident tooth puller, but sometimes it's Lullaby. Here's the before, video, and the after picture of the new smile. I love it. 

Pumpkin is our snuggliest kitten. She loves to be with people more than being alone, and we just eat it up.

The Hunts came over for an evening hang out and s'mores at our backyard fire pit. We got so much use out of it!

On Earth Day we planted our barely alive Christmas tree. It was freezing cold outside, but the ground wasn't frozen. We found a good spot, planted it and hoped for the best. It didn't make it. Cleaning up our house after a think trail of needles was left from the living room all the way to the front door was the hardest part. We found needles for a week!

Solace made no bake cookies at one of his activity days, and came home with the recipe. We had all the ingredients, and when Hawken saw it, he and Sully got right to work. 

After living in the computer room for a year and a half, our hydroponics outgrew the room, and moved down to the basement.  Paul had worked on getting the last basement room finished, studded and insulated, and wired for the lights and pump. Then he and Andy carried it downstairs. We drained lots of the water, but the soil was still heavy and wet.  They guessed it weighed at least 400 pounds, but I think it was more. I couldn't even lift it off the floor on one side.

Hawken added to his hydroponics after taking out all the tomatoes and moving it downstairs to the new garden room. He really has a green thumb, and I love watching him getting to learn about and discover this passion.

Sunday dinner with Great Grandma Berg, then planting the little sapling we grew from a seed, then a walkabout with Great Grandma's church friends in her neighborhood. Her friend Barbara Smith took a shine to the kids, and they held her hand while we walked, which she just ate up. 

We went with the Harmers to some hot springs in the mountains. It was a long hike, but worth it. We made some new friends and had a blast. The hardest part was getting dressed again from our swimsuits in the cold air with our wet skin. 

We decided to get photos of the house, in preparation for having it listed. It's always so fun to get to that point when you've decided to move, but we didn't list it for another month or more. 

I love having fresh flowers in the house. 

A friend needed shoes, so I took a picture of the ones she could borrow. I love my shoe collection. 

I love this little wall hanging of the phases of the moon, it makes me smile every time I see it. 

We took down the cat shelves, and then a leak appeared. It turns out that we had drill a screw into a pipe, and so when we backed it out, the hole appeared. It took a ton of work to get the pipe fixed, and hole patched, and then retextured and painted. All just for a tiny hole. 

Hanging out with Heidi, Charmaine, Tricia and Shauna. These girls are so fun. Dinner first, then a movie. 

Hawken had a really good games of Carcassonne and he beat me by more than 100 points! 

I took the kids to see The Secrets of Dumbledore and we loved it! 

I switched out our old ugly lights in the basement with these lovely gold ones. I was proud of myself and love the new look. 

Making pizza for dinner is one of our favorites. We use Trader Joe's ready made dough, add some alfredo sauce and sautéed veggies, then cheese, yum!

1 comment:

Mom said...

So many special Easter doings!