Sunday, October 4, 2015

more camping

Life at camp is good. The kids are entertained with NATURE, not toys. They found ways to entertain themselves and had fun doing it. I love these kiddies of mine!

Checking out Grandma Kim's tent. Lullaby thought it was just the right size!

Matix built a bug house and hunted for cool bugs.

There he is in his new home. That bug was so cool looking, almost fake. I still don't know what kind of bug it is.


We went to Inks Lake again for some cool water swimming and cliff jumping. Matix and Hawken both jumped in. Hawken did it without prompting when we first got there and then was nervous to go again until we talked him into it. Matix psyched himself out at the top of each jump, but then he would do it after we shouted to him "GO!".

See Paul at the top of that large rock?! He's crouched down examining the huge fall...

Here goes Matix! Yay!! I got lots of video clips of the trip, but the video will be posted another day after I get all the pictures up first.

Solace was SO happy with the snack that Grandma Stacy brought to the lake. Yes please!

For lunch one day we ended up at Thunder Cloud Subs, where their signature sandwich is called a "Big Paul". So funny!

We took the grandmas to Jacob's Well and it has changed… They now have an ENTRANCE FEE, and reservations are required, and there is a time restriction on how long you can be there. What?! I hate when things change like that. It was just a cool hidden water spot, and now it's crowded and busy, and costs money.  It was still as beautiful as ever though, and we're glad we went.

Lullaby found the most easy-going ducks in the world, and started petting them! They were fine with it and just walked around with her singing and talking to them and patting them harder than she should have. She has a way with animals.

Here's a view from one of the rocks on top. You can see the grandmas and the babies on the pier.

Here's Paul jumping. I got lots of videos of this place too.

Matix was pretty sure he wanted to do the jump that his dad makes look so easy, but when he got up there, and really sized it up, he changed his mind. You have to make a pretty big jump to clear the rocks below, so I'm happy with his choice not to jump this year.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love that vertical panorama shot of Paul. It really shows how high that was!

Stacy said...

Those places were so fun. I loved the lake better though. I'm not sure I like the Jacob's well jump. Think about it - you have to clear those two big rocks before you get to the water. Then you have a fairly small hole to hit. A few inches one way or the other, or a slip and you hit the side and who knows what damage that would do. I don't even like thinking about it. But the water was so clear and the hole was fascinating. I just think you should stick to safer places for jumping.