Sunday, October 4, 2015

more camping!

We went again to Wimberley Texas to The Blue Hole.  The water was as icy cold as ever, but with the hot air, it felt refreshing after you took the initial plunge. Lullaby, Solace, and Grandma Kim didn't do the rope swings, but everyone else gave it a shot. So much fun!

Sully knocked out during the adventure. We brought our lunch there and stayed for a while, and this little guy couldn't handle it. Sweet thing. Nothing better than sleeping babies.

Back in Austin we brought the grandmas to Short Bus Subs and Sno Beach. YUM!

Another reason why we love Austin. I will give this guy money and food any day.

Wiped out! It's hard being a kid in this family!

Fun around camp! My mom was packing up her stuff and I wanted a picture of her in her tent before she left.

We checked out the foundation from one of the original structures on the land at McKinney Falls.  But this was as close as you could get.

Matix and Hawken did the Junior Ranger badges and had fun completing the requirements. They presented it to the rangers and said an oath to protect the parks in Texas, got their achievement badges. So exciting! I did these when I was a kid and loved it!

Here's our group before the grandmas left. Stacy left that morning because she had to drive all the way back to Houston to catch her flight. My mom left that afternoon and her flight was in Austin.  It was such a lovely trip with the grandmas! The kids loved it especially and asked us questions about why they hadn't come the other times?!

We took Grandma Kim to Gourdoughs for some tasty doughnuts. We tried out some new flavors and loved it!

Then off to Barton Springs to splash in the river. We tried out the bottom part of the springs that was overflowing and SUPER fast the last time we were here. It was back to normal and nice and cool this time.

After a little while we went up to the upper part, that is a pool with lifeguards and a diving board. The kids loved that better and had fun trying to maneuver the extremely slippery natural bottom of the pool.

After a little while, Grandma Kim left too. It was sad to see the grandmas go because it was such a fun time with them. Thanks for coming with us mom and Stacy!

Diving board fun! The rules were that you had to be able to jump in withOUT a floatie and swim to the edge alone. Both Hawken and Matix did it. I was so proud of them!

Sully finally gave up the fight and passed out with Paul. He's such a snugly baby!
We stayed another couple of days after that and had more adventures with just our family. It was so fun! We sure love Austin!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I had the BEST time! I love Austin too now. Thanks for inviting me to join you.

Stacy said...

I'm with Kim - Austin is great! That was so much fun camping with you all. I'm so proud of the boys and their swimming skills. They're getting so good. Thanks for not posting the video of my flop off the ring. I say next summer we all hit Austin again! :)

Mom said...

Jessie, please call me back. Thanks.