Monday, May 27, 2019

random pics

Lots of cookies making, as usual. The kids love it when we bake.

Our Sunshine kitty loves to sleep in our Lego box. There is no way it's comfortable, but he loves it all the same.

With Easter coming up, we spent a lot of time doing fun Easter-y things. I made these "resurrection rolls" for the kids and you tell the story while handing them out, then when you say "and the tomb was empty" they can take a bite and see the hollow roll. It was a good object lesson and they liked it.

A plant nursery wholesaler here, opens their doors to the public twice a year and we decided to go get some things, in planning to make a food forest. We bought bananas, cinnamon, purple lilikoi, Brazilian plum, mulberry, dwarf temple tangor, lychee, langsat, soursop, and dwarf daisy tangerine. Thankfully my friend L has a truck and she offered to drive our plants home for us. We took her and her son Corbin out for lunch as a thank you. They are so sweet. We really wanted abiu and mangosteen but they were already out when we went. Maybe next time they open to the public we can get some...

Sometimes I decorate cookies at night and for fear that the kids will get up and see them before I can tell them not to touch, I leave them notes. It worked for these and no little finger prints were put into them. Although, in the past they did get little finger prints and I wasn't amused.

Laundry folding was taken over by Snow, and then Hawken cuddled up too. How am I supposed to get any work done?

We had a large palm tree trunk and Paul thought up the idea to drill out holes to grow our strawberry plants. It's really an experiment, but so far so good. They're growing really well!

I'll never be sick of this view from our back lanai. So lovely.

Solace loved this little egg stacking game. He was very pleased when he figured out how to get all the eggs on without it falling.

little cactus cookies with leftover frosting. The kids loved them.

Before and after of one of the entrances to the food forest. We hired Stetson to come clear some of the land for us to begin the project. It's very dead and brown and nothing like the rest of our yard, but hopefully with some more work, we can get it looking nice again.

More work on the food forest. While clearing, Stetson found a few noni trees and saved them, per our request.

Here's another view of the yard with a little peek through to the food forest area. See that brown spot just behind the tangled guava tree? That'll be another entrance.

My dad sent out some toys for the kids and I got a fairy winkle! This one was Jolie's but she said I could keep it. Now I'm on the hunt for more. I loved these toys when I was little!

Tree climbing by Matix and Solace. They're such monkeys! Who needs a playground when your backyard is full of trees?!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I can't wait to see your orchards!