I was invited to learn how to weave lauhala into bracelets. It's a traditional Hawaiian bracelet and I was really excited to learn. It is harder than you think, but really lovely when done right. I made myself a bracelet and I really love it!
Sometimes we let the kids stay awake until it's dark. This is a rarity because it stays bright past their bedtimes, but they love it.
Matix, since he's 10, gets to stay awake for an additional 30 minutes after the little kids go to bed. He cherishes this time, and we usually play games, watch movies, read books, or just talk. It's nice to get alone time with him.
We spent the day at Honoli'i on one of Paul's days off. To our delight we found a tree fort that someone had built. It was just there, empty, waiting for us! So fun!
Ward movie night was great, and the popcorn cookies were a hit.
Swishy and Snow had their birthdays! We've had them both for a year now! We baked them pet friendly cookies and they both loved them! They were peanut butter flavored. We sang happy birthday and gave them their treats. We're so happy we have them.
Lullaby loves to pick flowers and bring them to us as a present. Sweet thing.
More progress in the yard. It is ever changing!
Surprise package in the mail for the kids from Grandpa Chuck, Auntie Heather and Chloe! Thanks for all the new Legos!























1 comment:
I love that rite of passage for Matix.
Post a Comment