Thursday, November 4, 2010

big boy bed

For the past week, Matix has been sleeping in a Dominican big boy bed! Which means, we took apart his crib, and now he sleeps on his mattress on the floor.
He LOVES his new bed! He sometimes tries to get back up after laying there for a few minutes. He tells us "I ache now!" (I'm awake now), as if he has been in bed all night already... :) So while working on getting Matix to stay in bed when I put him there, I am also in the process of getting Hawken weaned, especially through the night so the boys can share a room. Right now Hawken is still in our room... He is SUCH a momma's boy, and is NOT excited about me weaning him.

I need to get everything done by the time we leave Dominica on December 18th... Since I am going to Arizona to pack up some clothes, toys, a REAL big boy bed for Matix, some household stuff and drive our car to Florida. Luckily, Paul's dad and sister will be driving with me, but it will still take us a couple days to make the 2,400 mile trip! The boys will go directly to Miami with Paul and his mom will meet them there to help with the boys so that Paul can study. I want there to be as few changes for the boys as possible, since I won't be there. So I want them to be used to sharing a room soon! Wish me luck! :)

6 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Big changes coming up for you guys, but it will be a fun new adventure! :) Good luck on that drive...that is sooo long!

Agf107 said...

How omg thats long!! i dont even think the boys well be able to keep still on that drive well miss u guys when u leave : (

Unknown said...

We have Savannah in the same "big (girl) bed" too!! Yet she still doesn't sleep in it very well yet! Oh well. Good luck with Hawken!

Josh and Kelly said...

Good luck, you can do it!! And hey, if all else fails Hawken will be weaned when you go to Arizona by sheer lack of availability :) I think he loves his brother almost as much as you, so I am sure he will love sharing a room with him :)

Mom said...

Good Luck! That's a lot to do before you go! I remember making gradual changes for you when we moved to the new house. I wanted your bed to be familiar on moving day and for a few weeks after, so we kept you in your crib for the move. But the new baby was on the way, so I needed the crib for her. So while we were moving I made sure you saw the "Big Girl Bed," and of course you wanted it. Then of course the crib was available for the baby. I didn't want you to feel like I was taking your bed and giving it away to the baby. It worked.

Unknown said...

sweet I love the island beds!! We have our boys in the same kind of beds :) They love it, and since they are close to the floor I dont worry about them falling off. Good luck with the move, I hope its a new fun adventure for all of you.
Love you guys
Alicia, and the boys!!