Thursday, September 1, 2011

happy

Some days I love these boys extra. Yesterday, and today are some of those days. Matix had a doctor's appointment and had to get a shot.  While Matix was crying, Hawken told the nurse "Stop hurting Matix! Please! Stop!" It was so sweet. They really love each other.  I hope they always stay this close. Today, I feel pretty crappy. This new baby girl isn't letting me sleep at all.  She kicks and flips and moves all night long, I still love feeling her move and knowing she is healthy in there, but still, I would like to sleep some too. :) The boys have been little angels at night.  They don't make a peep for their 12 hours.  Thankfully, or I would be really tired!  Plus, I have been having contractions on and off and back labor... I never had this with the boys, and it hurts.

Hawken is potty training too and doing amazingly well. We have gone out a few times and although I have little confidence and put him back in diapers or a pull-up when we are out of the house, he has kept them dry every day this week. He is also dry at naps, but not overnight yet, but neither is Matix some of the time too. :)  Although I am excited for this big step, it is hard for me to get up and run to the bathroom every 2 seconds, and sit on the floor to get his underpants back on, and be cheery while I am in pain.  Today, while I was laying on the couch watching the boys play with their cars, Hawken announced that he had to use the toilet... this was the 14th time this morning.  Matix looked at me and said "Mommy, your baby tummy is sick, you take a nap and I go help baby."  What? :) Is he the sweetest thing? Of course I still got up to monitor what would be going on in there, but Matix must have watched me a million times because he knew the whole routine.  It was wonderful. Of course I rewarded them with chocolate milk for being such big helpful boys.

That's what they are doing right now, eating fruit on the couch and drinking their chocolate milk.  These boys are growing up so fast and turning into the nicest little gentlemen, taking care of me and each other.  I love you Matix and I love you Hawken, you are the best sons I could have ever asked for.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What good big boys to potty train and big brother looking out for little brother. Lee use to look out for Danny like that. It really is cute. Sorry you are having to put up with all the pain leading up to the happy birth. It will be over soon!!!
Love all of you and miss you!

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

How thoughtful and sweet of Matix! Its those moments that make motherhood so worth it! I was having the same problems with sleeping, and one thing that I was recommended by my doctor was 1/2 of a Unisom at night to sleep. It worked wonders for me and at such a low dose is safe to take while pregnant.

Mom said...

How exciting that Matix was able to (and wanted to) help Hawken go potty!! (P.S That blankie looks like one I made for the new baby!!!)

The Fredericks said...

oooooooooooooooooh i love them= they couldn't be cuter!

Josh and Kelly said...

What sweet boys!! They are lucky to have each other, and I'm sure the love will only grow as they welcome a new sister!

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Yay for potty training and only 1 baby in diapers! And Yay for sweet boys that look out for each other! So adorable!
Here's to hoping that the baby will come soon so you won't have to put up with the pain much longer! 38 weeks is considered full term!