Matix has begun to question nap time... HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING?! I am not ready for him to not nap, plus the 2 times he didn't nap, he was very cranky that afternoon and evening, so I know he still needs them, whether he wants them or not. The other day he kept talking in his bed, and since he shares his room with a very sleepy Hawken, I had to take him out. I told him he was on "time out nap" on the couch. He had to lay there and be quiet while I watched him, since he was being too naughty to sleep in the big boy room. Well, it took all of 10 minutes and he was SOUND asleep. Hooray! I knew he was tired. Such a stinker!
Since this time out nap incident, he has been really good about naps, although he stills tries to barter for 5 more minutes playing... Plus Matix is so smart, I can reason with him when he is cranky later on. "You're getting upset now because your body needed more sleep. You need to take nice long naps so you will feel happy when you play." I know he understands because he will tell me later on after a good nap, "mommy, my body feeling really good." Or after a shorter nap and he is cranky, "I didn't get enough nap. My body's feeling really bad. I should go lay down more."
5 comments:
Don't you love this reasoning stage! But it has its drawbacks, too, like their ability to argue.
Remember THE NAP IS THE GLUE THAT HOLDS THE TODDLER'S MOTHER TOGETHER!
Love the cute sleeping pictures. And love the little proverb in your mom's comment! I love naptime and hope it continues a long time for your and for me!
You are SO LUCKY that he still naps for you!! I haven't been able to get Tanner to nap consistently since he turned 2!!! Hope it lasts!
I'd feel sorry for you- minus the fact Emmy quite napping 1.5 years ago... I adore that he says he should "go lay down more"- he's so darling.
Post a Comment