Sunday, January 19, 2014

blessing day

Solace is 5 months old. Almost half a year. He is still the world's best baby. I am so spoiled with him. He lights up when he sees me (and everyone else), he coos and laughs, he stomps his feet when I hold him up, he rolls over (still not from back to belly yet though), he prefers to be within eyeshot of us, he is calm and happy most of the time (unless he's hungry or sleepy), he is so so cute and we love him to pieces!
He has looooong eyelashes like the other kids and loves to be snuggled to sleep, so I get to see a lot of those gorgeous long lashes.
Solace had his baby blessing on the 12th, when Paul's parents and sister and my dad were here. It was good to have them here for his special day.  Dale and Vanessa and their family were able to come down too.
Solace was blessed with lots of wonderful attributes that my dad has. Paul and I talked about some things that I especially love about my dad and my dad's dad (both named Charles - which is where Solace's middle name comes from). Solace was blessed to be a peace keeper, and a loyal friend, and have a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father.  He was also blessed to be able to find happiness throughout life, even when certain situations will be trying. It was another beautiful blessing, Paul is very good at giving them.
Happy Blessing Day sweet Solace. We all love you VERY much!

5 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

You are such a cute family!! And your leggings and boots- you look so good!

Stacy said...

Paul does give such sweet, thoughtful blessings. It was great to have everyone there. I just wish we hadn't had to rush off. Your family picture at the church turned out great. Love and miss you guys.

Mom said...

What a wonderful blessing.

Grandma said...

I am sure it was a wonderful blessing. What a nice picture of all of you.

Mindy said...

I agree, it was a very nice blessing