Tuesday, February 24, 2015

haircut!

I am VERY happy to announce that Hawken changed his mind on his dream to have "a man bun". Where he first heard those words, I will never know. After seeing his own pictures from the soccer party, he thought he looked a bit too much like a girl. He was still whining about a haircut though and after talking it through he finally confided that he was afraid of the little cut hairs tickling his neck. Problem solved! I made him a garbage bag shirt and cinched the top with a chip clip. Some last before pictures, the back was down onto his back, the longest it's ever been. 

He wanted to "hold a ponytail of the cut off hair" so I cut it like that. I actually could have made several ponytails with how short he wanted me to go. He loved it and was SO proud of his handsome self, and non-girly locks. I like shaggy hair on boys, but it's so good to have them cleaned up too.
There were several pieces that I found later on that I missed. He didn't like the electric trimmers, so I had to do it mostly with scissors, which makes for lots of mistakes when you don't really know how to cut hair. It looks pretty good now though. :)

2 comments:

Grandma Kim said...

I knew it must be getting so long because of some anxiety issue. Glad he got over it. Now you should make a point of trimming it once a month or so, so he gets used to it. Good job Hawken! Very brave! You were nervous but you did it anyway!

Stacy said...

Hawken is so funny with his particulars. I love the so sad faces at first and the ones with the pony tails after. You look so handsome Hawken - good decision to cut your hair!