Monday, February 1, 2016

new hair

Well, it was a LONG process, but I switched my hair color again. Now it's purple, and I love it! I had more than an inch of roots, and had just washed my hair trying to strip out as much of the orange as possible. So here is my before. 

I tried coloring my hair blonde, which didn't work very well. 2 bottles covered only the back half of my hair. I sent Paul to the store to buy bleach for me.

In the meantime, I tried out the purple dye that I had (Special Effects) on a test area and it turned BLUE. Not the look I was going for, so I called Paul and told him to get me a purple dye too.

Although I had specified which dye and bleach to buy, he bought $85 of OTHER things. The ladies at Sally Beauty Supply saw him coming a mile away. He didn't return with anything that I had asked for, and now I have tons of things to return to them… Thanks, but no thanks Sally.  I bleached my hair all over and turned it white (no pictures of that). Then I dyed it purple... There were areas of my hair that didn't take the dye at all, and some areas that were really dark.

That was okay for a week, but then I re-dyed it purple to try and cover the areas that were showing some blonde through. I tried that plastic bag method for holding in the dye. It also helps to not get on the furniture.

After while wet. Looks better already!

And DONE! Yes please! Purple stays moderately well in my hair, so I think I will have it for a while. We'll see though. I get bored rather quickly.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Your hair is your walking bulletin board! :)

Stacy said...

That purple goes great with your complexion. You look like a woodland fairy. How does Paul and the kids like it?