Thursday, September 22, 2016

fancy dinner!

Paul had his end of the year dinner. They call it a graduation, but it's less of that and more of a end of year celebration. He actually dressed up this year, and everyone was surprised. :) I think he looked very handsome!

The dinner was amazing, as always. I loved every bite!

They announced where each resident would be taking a job and everyone oooh-ed and aaah-ed at Paul's future place of employment, Hawaii!

Paul's parents came for the night, and it was a special night for them to see their son finished with residency! Being a doctor's mother is almost as good as being a doctor's wife. :)  Paul brought root beer for his dad, who jokingly said he only wanted to go to the dinner if they had good root beer.

Paul had some really good mentors and doctors that he worked so closely with for these 3 years.  I am grateful for the very few who were positive and encouraging of Paul. They will be missed.

At the end of the night, they announced some awards. Outstanding resident, derm awards, and the Scholarly Achievement Award. I filmed the first 2 awards, thinking Paul would for sure win one, and surprisingly, he didn't. He was happy for the people who did win, but I thought for SURE he would win one. Then came the Scholarly Achievement Award. Dr. Stotts discussed the recipient and explained the ENORMOUS strides they had taken during residency to improve medicine for future generations of doctors. She explained that this person had just been approved to be PUBLISHED. Then she called Paul's name. He was stunned, not knowing that he was going to be published for his research work. He was very flattered and thankful. I was proud, and knew he was going to win something. :)
It was a good night. He deserved a night of completion, of closure, and of relaxation. Paul, you are so amazing. We are all so proud of you and your hard work!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Paul, we are so very proud of you. You have really worked hard and what an honor to be published!!! Way to go! you will need to tell us what your research was about.
Love you and your cute family. I hop they gave Jessie a PHT award, I received one PUTTING HUBBY THROUGH.

Kim and Louie said...

We ALL KNEW!!

Stacy said...

WOW! What more can I say? I never thought I'd end up with a son as an attorney or a son as a doctor. But I love the reaction I get when I tell people about my sons, especially the people who knew you two as teenagers. When you started all this I thought, "Okay, I'll believe it when I see it." And you did it! Way to go Paul!