I found a fun free activity that the local parks department was doing in a little town just south of Austin. So we went FISHING with them. They had poles, and bait, and the kids loved it. Well, they loves it for the first 10 minutes. The fish were biting but could get the worms off without getting hooked. It was very frustrating trying to manage 4 kids with hooks on long poles who were hot and cranky because they couldn't catch a fish...
We took Sully's hook off and he fished for seaweed. He loved it. He was happy the whole time.
Lullaby got bored and wanted to play at the nearby playground, so I took her and Sully that way while the very determined big boys fished with Paul. I took the 2 poles with us, and noticed one still had bait on it. I thought we shouldn't waste it and casted in until I felt a nibble. Surely another eat and run, but as I reeled it in, I realized that I did in fact have the first (and only) catch of the day! It was so exciting. I had Lullaby finish reeling it in, so she could feel what it was like. She loved it! We called the boys over who were SO excited that we finally caught a fish!
We tossed back, and called it quits. It was a good end to fishing for us all. Then we played on the playground a bit, and went to the movies to cool down. It was Sully's first time watching Iron Giant (they were playing $1 kids movies through the summer, as usual), and he LOVED it. He was completely enthralled.







2 comments:
Love the solution for Sully!
I agree with you mother. :) His age group are so much easier to pacify. Fishing is really boring unless you catch something.
Post a Comment