Tuesday, September 13, 2016

good-bye Laurel

After living close to my best friend again, it's super hard to say good-bye. We've been in Hawaii for just a couple months but we're already planning her visit to see us!  Before we left Houston though we went to a fancy movie theatre. It was really fun to dress up and spend some quality time together. The theater had only these little cubbies with 2 recliners and a table, surrounded by a small wall. We couldn't hear anyone else the whole time, it was like we had the whole theatre to ourselves! We ordered dinner and got comfy with our pillows. It was awesome!

This was the bathroom. Laurel was a little embarrassed that I took a picture, but it was to amazing. The toilet areas were separated, but everyone washed their hands in this common room. Very cool.
I said good-bye to Laurel once before, 10 years ago, and it was just as hard. I actually saw her one more time, the day before we left Houston. She brought me a gift (which I will take a picture of later). Laurel is such a good friend, and I'm missing her already.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

She really is a wonderful girl, and even better friend. How nice that you were living so close for those three years.

Mom said...

It was a great run for you two. Glad she's coming out. She really is part of the kids' lives now, too.