We camped at McKinney Falls, but the upper falls were flooded, and we weren't allowed to even see them. :( So we hiked to the lower falls instead. It was beautiful, and very refreshing, but the currents were strong and we had to keep a close eye on the kids and only let them play in certain areas.
Matix figured out that the rocks were easy to scratch and made me this sign. Matix + Mommy. :) Love it!
We decided to build a dam and slow the water down a bit so we could play more. It ended up being the task of the day, and after all that heavy lifting, the kids were all super tired. So were we!
The kids also worked on this tree fort next to the water's edge. Pretty awesome!
Our campsite was full of creepy crawlies and the kids LOVED it. Lullaby was playing a game with herself, trying to beat the last record she had. She could hold 4 rollie pollies in one hand before one of them climbed out.
Hawken found a large walking stick bug and sent a video to his kindergarten teacher, because he knew that she LOVED stick bugs and would want to see this during her summer vacation... She was sweet enough to send him a message back thanking him for the video. Best teacher.
This slug deserved a picture. Have you ever seen one this big?! Yuck!
And lots of beautiful flowers were picked just for me. :)

























2 comments:
Okay, Wow! I'm glad you were careful with the kids in the swift water. That's so scary, at least to me. I think it's great that your kids are not afraid of bugs, although I noticed that Hawken was not holding the stick bug. How sweet of his teacher to reply. We used to spend all day building dams in the creeks when I was little. Yes, I have seen a bigger, much bigger slug. It was during my first trip to Oregon when Colleen was a toddler. I couldn't believe it was real. Deb killed it with salt. Those are beautiful flowers! I'm glad you were able to have fun in spite of the flooding. (We could of gone to Disneyland again!) :)
It's so pretty there. I especially love all the limestone formations, similar to my hometown. :) The camping reminds me so much of you kids when you were little. We went camping a lot!
Post a Comment