Saturday, December 10, 2016

fall cookies

At the beginning of OctoberI finally had an excuse to make these indian corn sugar cookies. My mom had harvested a bunch in Wisconsin on their farm, and sent us a picture. It gave me this idea to make these cookies. It was a slow process because after each color kernel, I had to let it set and dry before adding the next one.  And I didn't have a cookie cutter in that shape, so I used an acorn, and cut off the sides and rounded the corners. 

The finished products turned out so cute! And tasty. We ate most of them that night, and I brought some with to one of Makenzie's Bunco nights.

Lots of other people brought Fall and Halloween themed things, so I was happy to have brought the cookies. Bunco was pretty fun too, but still not my favorite thing to play. I was just the stand in for one of their permanent players.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Bunco probably isn't complicated enough for your steel-trap, card-counting, strategic mind! Gorgeous cookies though!

Stacy said...

Again I am amazed! Your cookies are awesome.