Thursday, December 8, 2016

relief society

The women's group in my church is called Relief Society and sometimes they have big gatherings. Makenzie and I went to one and had a great time. There was a spiritual message, and lots of great food, and then some performances showcases the different cultures that are present in our relief society here in Hawaii. I ate food from Tonga, Samoa, Korea, Italy, Japan, Philippines and more. It was amazing. One lady made and gave away these head wreaths. They were made of shells, and just stunning. It was such a fun night.

I love being surrounded by such beautiful and culturally diverse women. It was an honor to watch them perform different dances, songs, and poetry from their different countries and cultures.

2 comments:

Mom said...

We did Tinikling in my grade school. I think that's what that dance is called with the bamboo poles. I loved it!

Stacy said...

What an awesome activity. It is really fun having people from other cultures in your ward, especially when they are willing to share them.