Thursday, January 17, 2013

help

Paul and I have really lucked out in the friends and family department.  There are so many wonderful people in our lives who have come to our rescue in times of need. Right now, I feel great. Not stressed or tired or anything like that and it's completely because of the help that Stacy, Colleen, and a few men from our church provided. Stacy and Colleen literally packed and organized and cleaned every waking moment of their trip. I actually don't have many pictures of them working because a lot of the time it was easier for them to work if I just had the kids away from them. So I played all day, as I usually do, and they worked. They were SO helpful. Paul and I were laughing about the way it would have been done had they not come. We would have thrown anything that fit into the boxes, taped them up, moped the floor, and called it good. Thank you Stacy and Colleen for ALL your help, you are so good to us.

The men from the ward that offered to help came on two different days. They worked HARD. We saved all the heavy lifting for them and they were great. Figuring out how to get the couch out of the upstairs playroom was their biggest challenge. They and I stood there puzzling for quite a while trying to figure out how we fit it up there in the first place. 
Really, we have the best friends here. We are so thankful to them for taking time out of their busy days to help us when we needed it. We will miss this place and these people for sure.  Thankfully, we get to keep Stacy and Colleen. :)

3 comments:

Char said...

Just caught up on the blog! Congrats in #4 and good luck with moving!

Mom said...

You are so lucky!!

Mom said...

Are you leaving in the morning?