Lullaby is a busy body. She NEEDS to be entertained. She is the world's best baby as long as there is something for her to do. One day the boys were playing outside, and normally she likes to be right there with them, but it was pretty chilly, so she only stayed out for a few minutes. When she came in, I was trying to cook dinner, so I didn't really want any helpers. :) Anyway, I spotted the toothpick container and thought, I bet Q-tips would fit just right in there... and they do. And Lullaby quickly turned all her efforts and energy toward getting each one in that tiny little hole. The perfect activity for a BUSY girl.
Simple enough that she could be successful, but challenging enough to make it interesting. She worked at this for almost 30 minutes, which was long enough for me to prep dinner and get it cooking and even get some pictures. Then after dinner she played with it again, and a couple times on other days too. Who would have thought?







3 comments:
Great eye-hand coordination!!!!!
Who needs expensive toys? The only thing any child needs is a clever, creative mommy!
Great idea :) Her hair is getting so long!
Post a Comment