Thursday, January 31, 2013

Houston

We got to Texas LATE, even with the time change in our favor. Considering we left Atlanta at noon, I am just glad we were able to make it all the way to Houston before Paul and I got too tired.  We all went to bed right away. The next morning was church and super foggy, so we were glad we were going to stay that day. It would have been miserable driving. We beat Dale and Vanessa back to the house, so the kids ran around outside, loving the perfect Houston weather.

After lunch and naps Matix and Gavin set up camp building Legos. 

Hawken and Paul took an extra loooong nap, which they both needed. 

Lullaby, Linnaea, Dale and I spent our time with the swings. 

That night we did some sparklers. I had read how to take really good pictures with sparklers, even where you can write your name and capture the whole thing in one shot, but I couldn't remember. Those people with fancy cameras, who know how to use them, email me directions! :)
The next morning we left early. Dale and Vanessa were so sweet to let us stay with them (again). Thanks guys! Hopefully we will get to see you again SOON.

3 comments:

Mom said...

What wonderful pictures! Too bad it had to be such a short visit.

Stacy said...

I'm so glad you had a chance to stop and visit again.

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

I know for the pictures you have to use a really long shutter speed, several seconds I think, and no flash. On my camera you do it using the shutter priority mode which is Tv on the dial. But I've never actually done it yet.