It's tricky to see what's happening in this picture, so here's the story… The big boys are allowed to go and get the mail from the mailbox by themselves. They usually ride their bikes and bring a bag, but sometimes they go without a bag and tuck the mail into their shirts. This particular day, as I watched Solace and Lullaby play around in the cul-de-sac, I noticed something strange as the boys came back from the mailbox…
There is a boy walking behind them, carrying our mail, as they race back home. They couldn't carry it all that day, and saw a "big boy" walking by and enlisted his help. Thankfully, this very nice highschooler (if not older) boy didn't mind walking all the way to our house with our pile of mail. I love our neighborhood and the people in it. We are so happy to be here. And I love the innocence of children, and their lack of inhibitions in times like this. It should be okay to ask a neighbor for help, ever if this is the first time meeting him.


2 comments:
Didn't this happen once before? Very sweet, but don't forget to be cautious around strangers.
Too funny! I'm glad your neighbors are good, in fact most people would not have done such a good deed.
Post a Comment