So, Lullaby wanted a tea party. This was back in April, and seemingly the perfect time for tea. Sadly, it rained on the day of, so we had to keep everything inside, but it was still darling. Paul took the boys on a Daddy-Son date, and Lullaby and I got to have a Mommy-Daughter date with three of her favorite friends. The tiny tea cookies were my favorite to decorate. They were a little smaller than a silver dollar, and I tried out a wet-on-wet technique and LOVED how they turned out. Of course, I took pictures of the process so I could remember.
Lullaby chose everything for the party, including decorations, and food. Her friends showed up all dolled up too with their mommies. It was really just a play date with lunch, so the mommies and I all chatted while the girls had their tea party. It was so much fun.
Some of the food pictures, because it was so cute. Lullaby helped so much and was twirling and saying how much she LOVED spending time with just me, and later on with just her friends.
These darling little tea party dollies were part of it too, and the girls had fun playing with them, and eating their tea sandwiches and juice. So cute.
Little miss Sophia.
Could this be any cuter?! We set out a table with FANCY lace on top and the girls loved it. Seriously, I loved every second of this play date. This is Yvette with Lullaby.
Sophia was the first to figure out that the sprinkles on the tops of the milk bottles were stuck on there with white chocolate, YUM!
The girls went upstairs to create some candy jewelry. They were a lot more serious about it than I thought they would be.
And we bought each friend a cute little tea party dollie to take home with her too, which they were excited about. Lullaby loved picking one for each friend at the store.
Lullaby's friend Jojo was there too, but feeling very shy that day, and this was the only picture I got of her, but she had lots of fun anyway.
Parting is such sweet sorrow. Lullaby did not love seeing her friends leave, but is looking forward to another day we can do this again.
Then just as everyone was driving away, Daddy and the boys came home and got to snack on the tea party foods. They loved it too!
























2 comments:
What a fun party. I loved all of your fancy food and decorations. The girls looked so cute all dressed up for their party.
Oh my gosh Jessie, you outdid yourself!!! I remember the day, and the cookies, but I did not remember about dipping the milk bottles in white chocolate and sprinkles!!!!! How exciting for everyone!
Post a Comment