We went camping in Austin one last time and it was SO fun. Lullaby doesn't look too happy in the pictures, but I swear she had fun, once we got going. :)
First stop, Zilker park. We played at the playground, then hiked down to Barton Springs river for a quick swim in the flooded waters. Paul took each of the kids down this time. They wore a floatie, and Paul swam them to shore after the current died down. They loved it, and Solace was happy to be included this year.
They were wiped out after fighting the currents, and laid on the hard rocky ground to rest. :) It's always fun in Austin, flooding or not.










2 comments:
I just can't believe all the water. I guess living here where it rarely does flood, and of course our river beds start with nothing in them, it's amazing how high the water gets. Looks like everyone had fun. I bet Paul was tired after helping all four kids. I can't believe how many times I heard people make reference to Portland, Oregon and Austin, Texas being so much the same while I was visiting my sisters. They even have signs that say "Keep Portland Weird" like I saw in Austin. They even have a lot of Carts around town. The food carts. Julie took us to some of her favorites.
Swimming always makes kids so tired. Especially in water with a current.
Post a Comment