Monday, July 2, 2012

a day with Dries

Dries is Matix's best friend.  He loves everything about him. We were invited to go with Dries and his family to feed the ducks at Piedmont park, I wish Paul could have come along too. It was so picturesque and fun. We brought a box of stale Cheerios, and they were a hit.

Lullaby watched, and patiently waited to taste a few of the Cheerios.  So cute.

There were even little ducklings and turtles swimming around in the water.  It was so fun.

When we finished feeding the ducks and turtles, we walked to our new favorite store, Richard's Variety Store, otherwise known as the TOY STORE.  Matix and Dries held hands along the way. And Hawken of course, was just doing his own thing.

This toy store is the coolest one I have ever been in.  There is a horse to ride on when you first walk in. This was Matix before Peter put in a quarter:

And after, when it started to move:

Hawken before the quarter:

And after, when it started to move:
So happy, right? Thanks guys! You made their day!

The train selection was ridiculous. The boys were BEGGING me to buy them trains. There were so many that we don't have, but that they recognized.

Lullaby was loving it there too and had a blast with all the baby toys out for her to play with.

After we were there for a little while, I heard a weird noise. I looked up above the top shelf and saw a guy (one of the workers) up at the ceiling dangling from a ladder that was about to fall.  It was crazy. Peter was right by Lullaby, so I ran over to the worker and held the ladder as best I could and yelled for more help as he tried to scurry down the ladder before falling.  It was pretty crazy.  He was totally fine and by the time he got down, some other workers, including the owner, were watching.  The owner thanked me and I thought nothing of it, I was just glad he didn't fall. It wasn't far enough that he would have died if he fell, he just maybe would have broken a bone or two.  After another half hour or so of playing and it was time to go. On our way out the door, the owner stopped me and insisted that we pick out some toys to take for FREE as a thank you for helping her worker. It was so sweet. The boys had just eyed up some pull back race cars and lollipops, so they got those and then they pulled out some stuffed toys for Lullaby to chose her prize, she chose a little stuffed Finn McMissile.  Of course. The boys were elated. What a day!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thank goodness you noticed and saved the guy from falling! I LOVE Hawken's expression on the horse ride. So excited!

Grandma said...

Lullaby always looks so happy and cute. What a sweet little girl. The boys are growing and having such a good time doing it. I have never seen so many Thomas trains in my life. What a fun store. It was so good you helped the man and so nice of the owner to give the kids a present.

bryce and paige said...

I'm loving all the pictures with your new camera! Your kids are so adorable!