Monday, March 25, 2013
broken leg?
Lullaby may be the second of the Bergie babies to have broken her leg. She fell off a kitchen stool today and then was limping and crying. I took her to the ER and Grandma Berg watched the boys (and Mason). Poor Grandpa Berg sat in the waiting room for all 3 hours (thanks Grandpa!) while Lullaby got her x-rays done and all the waiting and waiting and waiting. The x-rays were clear, but the doctor was concerned about her limping, so he made her a splint to wear for 5 days, then we will be going back to get more x-rays to see if there is some calcification, which would indicate that there was a small hairline fracture, that they just couldn't see this time. Great. Also, the doctor doesn't want her walking around at all in the splint. That's why I don't even have a picture yet. She was on my hip literally ALL day. I feel less guilty and frustrated about this than I did when Hawken broke his leg. Probably because when he broke his leg I was yelling at him to go to time out. This time it wasn't my fault in the least. Other than the fact that I let her sit on the stool, which I now know, she is obviously not ready for yet. Poor thing. She had a hard time falling asleep at nap and bedtime but I'm sure having a splint keeping your leg straight isn't very comfortable. Paul was working, so he missed all the fun. Grandma missed her meeting because we didn't get out of there quickly at all, thanks Grandma - and sorry! The doctor said we could take off the splint for bath time and that's when we can test to see how she is doing each day. If she stops crying and the limp is getting better, then it's probably just a sprain or bone bruise. That's what Paul think it is. In which case, in 5 days, we don't have to go back. Our plans are still to go to Arizona for the Ryan's wedding on Easter, and to visit with Paul's parents and sister for a couple days... Hopefully Lulli will be egg hunting minus a cast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank goodness for your huge built-in support group. I wish I could help you more! And I will miss you at Easter. We're doing the big outdoor egg hunt at the farm again. Wish your guys could be here for that!
Poor Lullaby! I can't wait to see you all.
Post a Comment