Monday, August 29, 2016

anniversary - part 2

This second part of our anniversary trip was FAR less eventful, in a good way. :)  In the morning, Paul and I woke up early (not my original idea of fun, but it turned out great) and watched the sunrise. It was STUNNING. The pictures didn't do it justice. We watched a pod of dolphins swim and jump pretty close to shore and had the best time.

Later that morning, Brian and Mindy joined up with us and brought all the kids. It was SO much fun having them there with us. Seriously, they were the perfect family to do this trip with. And Paul planned it ALL. I was very impressed! We played at the beach and napped at the beach house.  We found a jelly fish, had picnics, grilled out, stayed up way too late talking... The best trip. We love you Newell family!

Summer and Solace played a million games of hide and seek. Each time they hid in the same spot but were excited for the next round...

The kids all got along great, and slept in the same room. Mindy and I had to take turns to convince the kids to SLEEP, but eventually they did, and then Mindy and I stayed up and talked. It was a great (almost) last hoorah before we both moved from Texas.

Good-bye Galveston beach house! We had fun!

We are going to do this trip again someday, and we'll retake this picture. Such a great group, and so much fun.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

WOW!!! What a fun and exciting celebration. Of course, I think you and Paul together is fun and exciting in itself. Mindy's baby sure is growing up fast.

Mom said...

That was the BEST-PLANNED, SECRET SURPRISE! He really got you this time! What a nice weekend!