Friday, June 22, 2018

beach day

Even when it's overcast, we go to the beach. The water was still warm, and the kids were happy to play with our Big Island friends, regardless of the weather. Rocky Quarry is usually pretty empty, and this day it was more empty than usual. 

Coconuts make the best toys. I swear I have pictures and videos of little Matix playing with coconuts on the beach in Dominica.  They're pretty fun.

Paul and Chris went boogie boarding and we laughed and laughed as they washed up all disheveled on the beach.

Jayne and Hawken built a bunch of people and mermaids, played fetch with some one else's dog, and Lullaby built a castle.

The kids ran off to explore the hills and build houses. Everywhere we go, they build a house, decide where their bedroom will be, etc. It's important business.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh my goodness, that house-building business was what Carl and I and the neighborhood kids always did too! Your house, my house, the kitchen, our bedrooms, all of it! Grandma Evie has a darling story of her and Geri building their house in the cherry tree. I'll try to get that one published so you can see it. Love these pictures!